14.5.07

General News

Oh the news, the news. I say it's general because I have a few things that aren't related to music, but really it's mostly just music news. And the non-music things that I'll be posting don't even really count as news so much as random things that I found and liked on the internet. Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Music! Working backwards from the 9th
  • Hot Hot Heat are touring! No where near here! But they are releasing their new album in September, which is a good thing. Mind you this does mean they've taken longer to release their newest than it took any of the other bands I keep track of to release theirs. I hope it's good.
  • Poor Green Leafe Cafe. I've actually eaten there more than once and it's always seemed like a nice place. According to a friend of my sister's they had an outbreak of salmonella there, which would explain why the bands and crews got sick. Still, death threats are completely unnecessary. I suspect they're coming from MCR fans, but don't tell anyone I said that. You never know whose listening...
  • Yay new Rilo Kiley!! Too bad their isn't a US release date yet, I would love to know how soon I can get my hands Under the Blacklight. Sounds very 60's. Anyhoo, terribly exciting.
  • Oh how I wish I could go to Austin City Limits. Texas in the late summer/early fall is solovely I've heard. Oh who will be there, let us see:
    • Arctic Monkeys
    • Kaiser Chiefs
    • Amy Winehouse
    • Zap Mama (a favourite from my younger years)
    • The Little Ones
    • Muse
    • Arcade Fire (a band that should be seen live at least once)
    • And many, many, many others
    Yes I wish I could go to Austin City Limits
  • I love snark. I love when music critics make fun of the music scene. I think it's absolutely grand, which is why I always enjoy reading DiS weekly music charts round-up. It doesn't apply to me because I don't live in the UK, but it's still great. Besides, if they think they're music charts are whack, just imagine what they'd think of ours. Anyway, good ol' snark.
  • I find it interesting what Lily Allen decides to post in her blog. It's almost as if she doesn't realize that the media is going to eat up every word she writes and then spew it back all out of context. No link for this bullet, seeing as the entry I was going to link to isn't nearly as interesting as the post she made after that one. I would just suggest, if you're really truly interested to go to her myspace and read her blog. I just find stupefying what she'll post on it.

Other Things!

  • Random picture having to do with a conversation my sister and I had. I find it funny anyway, so here ya go!
  • A L33T keyboard for the truly lazy at heart. Just in case you can't type out LOL or OMG, here it is, all layed out for you. Dear god I hope this not happens in real life. That would just make me cry.
  • A Chart to how the Seven Deadly Sins apply to you. My favourite; 2nd place.
  • And finally, 12 Films that Defined Their Decades. I suspect that by the time my sister passes, which won't be for many, many, many, many, many years, she'll have seen all of these movies at least once. I, on the other hand, will have only seen a handful and probably only a few times each, if that. By comparison I will, hopefully, one day have a complete knowledge of popular British rock music and will have listened to all of it. So hah.

Well that's it my pets. I'm going to one last check of everything and then off to bed. Let's hope that I don't fail tomorrow.

No comments: