24.5.07

Oh Shit

Over at LJ they have this nifty thing were I can have 15 icons that represent me. Because I was bored with the ones I had, I decided to delete all of them. Also because of resent developments in romantic interests (and because I actually miss my Kaiser Chief related images) I decided to un-hide my KC LJ icons. I'm glad they're back. Right now I'm trying to decide which fifteen will get to represent me, but first I have things to say, so the icon search will have to wait a bit.
I should warn you I'm tired and feel like shit, both for apparently no reason, so this entry might be a bit fucked up. This is not to say that my entries aren't usually somewhat fucked up, but this one will be particularly fucked up. So, let us continue.
I have this shirt. It says "pants" across the front in orange lettering. It's cool because pants is actually British slang for something that's shit or not very good. No one but me knew this before I began having to explain my cool shirt and now a few people curious about why I have pants written across my chest know what pants actually means. Now, there is this reviewer over at TWOP who is part of the reviewing team that reviews American Idol. Everything I know about AI is because of them and the Washington Post TV column. Well, last night was the season finale and this afternoon I read Jacob's review of the show. Coincidentally I'm wearing my pants shirt. I was gleefully surprised when I read this line:
Then, Ryan's "good friend" GWEN STEFANI, looking pants in a weird Astro Boy bubble tutu dress...
Boy was I excited. So excited in fact that I saved the link so that I could take the quote from the review and show it to y'all. See I'm not crazy, pants really means what I say it means. So ha, I'm cool.
(Told y'all this would be a fucked up entry)
So I have some music news for y'all and because I'm feeling more spacey than witty, I'm just going to give the headlines and move on to the important things, like how the Cribs are cool and that tomorrow is an important day. But first, music news.

So, way back when, like a week or so ago, I reported that the Cribs new album would be released in the States on July 19th. The only confirmation I had for this information was Sound Bites, a music blog, and a wonderful commenter on the Blogger edition of this journal. The band themselves have not announced a release date for the album in the States and my meager resources didn't have any information to the contrary, so I figured I wouldn't be hearing the Kapranos-produced album until July. I was wrong. It seems that the Cribs have released the album for download only internationally this week. The only reason I know this is because I noticed that Filter had a review of Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever and I thought this was a bit odd given the fact that it hadn't been released in the States as far as I knew. So I checked with Yahoo! Jukebox and found, hey, they have released it. I'm guessing that I'll still have to wait till July for the CD version of Men's Needs..., but I'm happy to be able to listen to it now. I would recommend having a listen to the album mainly because it's a terribly good album and also because it is Alex Kapranos' first stab at producing and we all like Alex Kapranos. So yeah, the Cribs are terribly cool and their new album is terribly good.
I have 9 more school days left until I don't have to go to school anymore. I have no idea why I'm even going to school now, but at least I only have 9 days of it left. This means that I have 12 school days until I graduate, which is both thrilling and scary as shit. All I know is that I want all of this to be over as quickly as possible so that I can get out of here and move onto the great things I plan on doing.
I'm going to collapse now. Have fun.
Oh wait! One last thing: Tomorrow is Towel Day so be sure to have your towel with you. I know I will.

No comments: