17.3.08

Love

I'm in love.






Not really, I'm just super excited about something I just read on the AV Club site. According to their Newswire the Raconteurs are releasing their new album next week. That's right folks, no publicity, no singles, no videos, nothing, just a release. And, to top it off, here's a quote from their press release:
The band have done no interviews or advertisements for this record before this announcement. The purpose: to get the album to the fans as soon as possible and as we promised. We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it’s availability, reception or perception
Thus, I'm in love.
Meanwhile We Are Scientists have announced the American release date for their new album which is May 13th. Almost exactly two months later the UK release (which is today by the by.) Not in love with them. On the other hand, Rilo Kiley is coming to the 9:30 club in June and on a weekend, so their high up on my love list.
Finally, I got into a good dorm and got a really, really, really good grade on my Western Civ midterm. Overall, life is good.

No comments: