18.5.08

Thank You So Much

When Glen Hansard was twelve he somehow wondered across the National Concert Hall in Dublin. Young Glenny (as I affectionately called him all last night) wondered in and seeing no one but a cleaning lady, after asking said cleaning lady, went up on the stage with his guitar and played a song. At this point in Mr. Hansard's story I was grinning like a mad fool because playing on a concert hall stage is something one never forgets and I can only imagine what it would be like for an aspiring musician/twelve year old. In any event, Glenny was amazed and also determined to play such a venue again. Well, last night, along with the rest of the members that make up the Swell Season, he did and in my ever so humble opinion, it was amazing. Last night's show is the reason I go to see live rock concerts, no matter the venue (except of course the Sonar.) Without a doubt last night's show was the single best performance I have ever seen. And that's all I can say. Best gig ever.

No comments: