6.3.08

Reality Shows Make Me Happy (Along With Some Other Things)

After being forced to walk the dogs an hour earlier than I wanted to (I know it's incredibly petty, but it's the principle dammit!) by my father (who I plan to avoid eye contact with until Sunday) I watched the season finale of Project Runway. I've always (read: since this summer) been a fan of Bravo produced reality shows (the hair cutting one was amazing, love Top Chef and am super excited about the new one about dancing) and since I really haven't had much to do this break (other than write a five to seven page paper, history reading, and study for a math test) I got wrapped up in the show (damn you marathons!). I recorded the season finale and watched after my forced march. It was brilliant and Victoria Beckham was a guest judge and obviously grew up in London. (Actually she grew up in Hertfordshire which is a county incredibly close to London, so basically the same thing.) The point of this whole thing though is the following quote from the AV Club's review of the episode:
"Even though we've all heard her before, it's still very unsettling to hear Victoria Beckham speak. Honestly, high-pitched croaking sounds would be more reasonable coming from her than an actual human voice"
It's sad and made me laugh so hard because in it's own mean way is true, though Project Runway had this amazing way of making her look human, I was impressed.
So I'm going to link you to a couple other things that are making me happy at the moment as well as some really obvious information. All in a neat little list.
  • Alex Turner and Miles Kane's collabo. Watch the video and listen to that beautiful orchestration. According to previous articles I've read the whole album they've recorded is orchestrated, so we all know I'm going to buy it. But yeah, absolutely brilliant and set in Russia thus making it that much better. That and the fact that they look like Help! era Beatles
  • Useless information time: Going to a concert can make you deaf. I don't need research to tell me that. I don't need no fucking survey telling me I might go deaf if I go to clubs a lot. I know I'll be deaf before I'm thirty if I do that. I also already knew that from the loud ringing in my ears after going to concerts and not being able to hear people. :shakes head in a disgust:
Burger night! Real home made burger night! I'll be off now...

No comments: