26.11.05

Nothing Better

Since I have absolutly nothing better to do at the moment I'm going to spout off whatever comes to my head. It's either that or playing Clicken Gold. Quite frankly I've imposed so many "rules" on myself to make that game interesting, this seems like a much better alternative. Plus it's good to write. Writing is important.
I have tons of songs on my mp3. I have lots of CDs on my mp3. So with all these choices one would think I would have a lot of different things I listen to. Well, one would be wrong if one thought that. Frankly I find it "hard" enough to choose between the limited CDs that I do listen to, it would be nearly impossible for me to choose out of the whole thing. So what is that I listen to? Pretty standard stuff actually. FF, t'Chiefs, Killers (occasionally, when I feel bad about not listening to them in a really long time), Rilo Kiley, the Darkness (yes, I've gotten over the falsetto), Maximo Park, Keane and thats really it. I listen to indivual songs on occasion but mostly I just listen to those bands. I've been listening to OK Go, but thats not on my mp3 (yet.) Interesting thing is, I repeatedly listen to the same things. It's actually been quite awhile since I've listened to Keane relatively speaking. Maybe a week? Anyway, despite all the choice I have, I'm very narrow minded. Then again, is that such an awful thing?
I think I'm going to start carrying around two sodas in my backpack. I'm such a total caffeine addict it's not even funny. Thing is, I'm a very slow drinker. I started drinking my current soda at about 10 to 5 and right now it's about 6:15. Thats over an hour to drink one 12floz soda. On the other hand if I don't get enough caffeine I get headaches. Well...not really. I guess I don't have to carry around sodas. Or maybe just one. I need something to keep me awake during the second half of the school day. Poor Mrs. Kirby rarely ever sees me very awake. Then again neither does Mr. Sharp. Math is completely different though. I'm just concentrating really hard. :sigh:
Ya know what I find very interesting? The fact that neither Tom nor Alex are terribly attractive despite the fact that they have just wonderful voices. Ricky and Brandon on the other hand are attractive but their voices, in my opinion, aren't as good as Tom or Alex's. But I suppose looks and vocal quality are subjective. What I think isn't neccesarily what you or someone else thinks. In fact I feel like I'm in a bit of a minority, especially with Alex. I'm always somewhat suprised when people talk about Alex's good looks. I think his new hairdo is much better than his old one, but really there are few good photos of the man in my opinion. This isn't to say that Ricky only takes gorgeous photos, it just seems to me that Ricky is better looking than Alex. Vocals though, it's the opposite. Oy, I think I'm repeating myself. Hopefully you get the point.
Franz Ferdinand's second CD is definatly a step up from the first but I still really like what they do on the first CD. The music is particularly sophsticated, but compared to what some bands to do, it's very different and sophsticated comparatively speaking. "Ich heisse super fantastiche!" That line will never be beat. Except maybe by "I want a car." Man, This Boy is such an awsome song. Save, You Could Have it So Much Better and Fade Together there ain't a dud on that CD. Except, ya know, for the ones that I said. And those two songs aren't bad, they just aren't as good as the other ones. I would say Do You Want To but there's a certain charm to that song that the former songs just don't have. I like them, but...eh. Nonetheless, both CDs are excellent. :shakes head: Just scary.
My one fear is that t'Chiefs, Keane, and the Killer's second albums won't be good as their first. What Franz Ferdinand was pretty remarkable compared to a lot of bands. I mean, the phrase "sophmore slump" exsist for a reason. Most band's second albums are either a repeat of the first, or not as good as the first. Either that or the second album is just way too different from the first. That happens too. Anyway, I hope that, that doesn't happen with my bands. I hope they all have the success that Franzie poo has had.
Well, the CD is almost done so I think I'll finish this off now. See ya later.

No comments: