28.1.06

New Band. Same Deal.

I've listened to the same band for the past 11ish months. Sure there have been variations but at the heart of it all, it's been the same band. This band has grown in intellect or diminished. The band has piano at times but mostly guitars. The lead singer is mainly a man but sometimes he has a sex change and becomes a female. That's a rare occurrence though. The songs the band plays are jumping about rollicking sorts of tunes with occasional depressing one or anthem every once in awhile. The band has a peculiar sense of humor and pessimistic view on the world. Mostly though the band is biting, refusing to give up on mankind even if things look awfully grim. Lots of heartache and such things. Sometimes the band plays utter nonsense, which I like in particular because I don't have a boyfriend so why should I listen to someone complaining about their relationship? I can read the gossip column for that kind of stuff. The band veils they're message at times so you're never quite sure who it is they're talking about or to. I like the band though. Lifts me from sheer boredom and is background to my more important moments. They're songs are constantly stuck in my head so at any time I can recall one and hum it to myself so I'm not as bored as I might have been. Basically the band is awesome to a lesser or greater degree. Shimmery awesomeness in fact. :nods: So who is the band? I thought you might ask. This is the band (I'm doing this person by person, so it's going to be long. I apologize):

Ricky Wilson
Nick Hodgeson
Simon Rix
Andrew "“Whitey" White
Nick "“Peanut" Baines
Brandon Flowers
Ronnie Vannucci
Dave Keuning
Mark Stoermer
Paul Smith
Tom English
Duncan Lloyd
Archis Tiku
Lukas Wooller
Steve Bays
Dante DeCaro
Dustin Hawthorne
Paul Hawley
Damian Kulash
Tim Norwind
Dan Konopka
Andy Ross
Jenny Lewis
Blake Sennet
Pierre de Reeder
Dave Rock
Keith Murray
Chris Cain
Michael Tapper
Win Butler
Regine Chassagne
Richard Parry
Tim Kingsbury
Will Butler
Sarah Neufeld
Jeremy Gara
Alex Kapranos
Nick McCarthy
Bob Hardy
Paul Thompson
Tom Chaplin
Tim Rice-Oxley
Richard Hughes
Julian Casablancas
Nick Valensi
Albert Hammond Jr
Nikolai Fraiture
Fab Moretti

That's the band. In actuallity these are the bands that compromise the band. I probably should have put this first but making the above list was kind of fun. So now I'm just going to list the bands. Sorry. (The bands are in the same order as the above list. You can figure out who's in which for yourself.)

Kaiser Chiefs
The Killers
Maximo Park
Hot Hot Heat
OK Go
Rilo Kiley
We Are Scientists (the new band)
The Arcade Fire
Franz Ferdinand
Keane
The Strokes

You should try the band on for size. Test out the different components. Have fun. I know I do.

No comments: