14.6.06

Thank You...

First off here are the set lists for Monday night's b'dawsome concert:

We Are Scientists
Lousy Reputation
Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
Worth the Wait
Can't Lose
Callbacks
Cash Cow
It's a Hit
Textbook
Party time begins
This Scene is Dead (extra drummer from Arctic Monkeys [Nigel])
Inaction
The Great Escape

Arctic Monkeys
Riot Van
The View From the Afternoon
Still Take You Home
You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Staring Straight At Me
Cigarette Smoker Fiona
Dancing Shoes
Who the Fuck are Arctic Monkeys?
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secur
From the Ritz to the Rubble
Leaving Before the Lights Come On
Mardy Bum
When the Sun Goes Down
A Certain Romance (dedicated to anyone who's worn a Union Jack dress {not sure what that was all about})

So...where to begin? Sophs and I got there two hours early which meant we had prime standing places for the show. Unfortch for Sophs it was a little bit tight and she felt really uncomfortable so she left about half way through W.A.S's set. What she didn't miss was the "all girl mosh pit." I got to be apart of that, which made me realize how much I don't like mosh pits. Dumbass jerks...Anyhoo. Keith and Chris were absolutly wonderful. Here's what I scribbled on my set list: "God thing", "Mic stand", "Necklas on K (cross)." The God thing...basically Chris questioned Keith's relationship with God. The mic stand...seems Keith has been having some problems with his mic stands and inbetween one of the songs their techie came out to fix it. Chris brought up above fact and Keith said (paraphrasing) that he was just trying to live his mic stand. Really you had to be there. In any event I think I had my picture taken by Michael during one of the songs. I believe this because I was standing directly in front of him and the camera was pointing straight at me. I waved. The "moshing" kind of put a damper on the whole thing but this point must be made: After every single frickin' song Keith said thank you. That was so really fucking cool of him. I heart polite boys. Oh and just incase you were wondering: Chris wears goggles cuz he's just that blind, Michael drinks red wine on stage instead of beer and if Keith and Ricky were to join forces they could take over the world with their combined sexiness. Keith is second in line for marrying.
I left the front after WAS's set mainly because I was so uncomfortable. I tried to get back but decided that it was pointless and headed to the back were I hooked up with Sophs. I got lots of diet Coke and rocked out to Arctic Monkeys. Unlike with WAS, Arctic Monkeys have absolutly no stage presence. Alex is like a dead turkey on stage and when he deems to talk you can't understand him. It was kind of frustrating. But the band played brilliantly and Sophs fell in love with Alex. The odd thing about this concert is that instead of bowing down at the alter of WAS, the whole thing reconfirmed my hardcore obsession with Kaiser Chiefs. But the concert was really, really awsome. On a scale of 5 stars I give it 3 and1/2. That whole mosh thing sucked.

No comments: