28.7.06

Empire

On other stuff...you might have read some tabloid nonsense about us having a war with Kasabian, rubbish flies around in the press all the time, but we feel this time we should intervene as this is completely fabricated. Creative journalism at it's worst. We consider Kasabian as friends and have enjoyed their company whenever we've met...it's quite the opposite from what's reported, we have respect for Kasabian and wish them the best of luck with their new record. To set the record straight we didn't even play the same day as them at T or Oxegen which would make having a scrap pretty difficult.
--- Kaiser Chief Newsletter from Tues. July 11


Semi-political agitators Kasabian could not have picked a better time to release an anti-war themed music video. "Stop! Said it's happening again! We're all wasting away!" Rock and roll makes war look unsexy with arty metaphors and period war costumes. Mind you, the band still looks sexy those mutineers. Errr... were mutineers. I wonder if the whole shooting thing is a metaphor for lead guitarist / keyboardist Chris Karloff leaving the band. This is the title track from their sparkling new album to be released this fall. --- Cliptip a music video blog

This is Kasabian. They keep popping up in my Yahoo! radio station. Supposedly I'm suppose to like them. What really freaks me out is how much the lead singer and Ricky Wilson look alike. Call me crazy if you'd like, but in my opinion there are a lot of similarities. Right, so who's the lead singer you ask? The one who's fake punching you. Otherwise known as the one second from the left. Or the one who looks like he's in the middle. Shall I continue? Thought not.

Empire, as cliptip so nicely pointed out is from their not yet released album. Much to my chagrin they've yet to release the single in the States. So Yahoo, for all it's wonderful qualities, doesn't have it. Otherwise I would have it and be listening to it. Instead I'm listening to their first album. Pretty good album too. But Empire. Now that's a spiffy track. The music video, with it's lovely period costumes (think Victorian military...mmm tight pants and sexy shirts) is also pretty good, but lots of blood and booms, too little watching the band. In any event, I really like the song and have listened to it far too many times.

As for the other topic I brought up...Tom (the lead singer's first name) does too look kind of like R. The hair colour for instance. :tries to think of something else: >_< He's cute alright? I'm allowed my op-ed even if I can't support it. Grrr...

In other news, Blur lead singer Damon Albarn is going to somehow miraculously come out with his new band's debut before Kaiser Chiefs come out with their second. To quote NME (Indie-Rock bible), "They plan to release their debut single in October, before the full album - a concept record about London - is released in January next year." Damn it! Stupid Kaiser Chiefs. Grrr...I'm still upset. Hence why I'm turning to Kasabian. >_> Yeah...

Kasabian= depressed Ricky :(
Kaiser Chiefs= happy Ricky :)

No comments: