19.8.06

Greetings from the Commonwealth

Over the past year my list of worries has changed considerably. Last year I was worried about my classes, marching band, and the social aspect of life. This year I'm worried about my teachers, my bands, the social aspect of life (some things don't change), and college applications. Considering how very little I can do about some of these issues (if I get Zylka, I get Zylka) one would think I would try my best to focus on what I can control (eg; my grades, writing really good college essays). But you see that would be logical. Logic, in my opinion, is for other people. I rather like my illogical stance. So what do I worry about? The hypocrisy of my bands. Particularly my favorite band. Case in point (from their latest news dispatch): Next time our heads appear above the surface it will be with a new record complete. What does that mean? Or more specifically, what does that mean for me? After this month's festival dates, Kaisers will be doing the Airwaves festival in Iceland in October. So what? They go to Iceland with this new album all wrapped up and wait until February to actually release it??? That, my friends, annoys me to no end. Meanwhile, Yahoo has finally gotten it's act together (or so I will say) and have Empire in their collection. Also Kasabian has put the album Empire up on their myspace page. I think we all know how I feel about myspace. Thus I'm annoyed. I suppose being annoyed is better than being worried, but it kind of causes the same results. In any event, instead of thinking about how I can make my college application look like I didn't fuck up the first two years of high school too horribly and that my only interest is listening to music and playing Clicken Gold, I complain about my bands. :sigh: Hooray for being anti-logic! Like Fairfax County and George Allen.
In other news Loghman is applying to Mary Washington. I don't really care what Mums says about this, I'm freaked. :twitches: I bet he doesn't even really want to go there. I bet it's just a lousy safety school for him. I bet he hasn't looked at the course catelog for his potential majors. Grrrrr...I hate being in competition with him! It's completely unfair! And, best of all, there's nothing I can do about it. If I even to much as mention the fact that his applying makes me worry, he'll totally freak. Aaargh! Stupid college.
I'm home.

No comments: