10.1.07

Links with Telemann and a Rant

I'm listening to a movement of George Telemann's Canonic Sonatas. Tis pretty and very cool. I'm also going to be doing a presentation on Mr. Telemann sometime soon, and it's nice to listen to the inspiration for acting like a five year-old in music class. Yeah, I think I had a good reason. Anyhoo...
I read A Catcher in the Rye in 9th grade and hated it. I hated it because it was a stupid son of a bitch whining about absolutly nothing and then either trying to commit suicide or actually committing suicide, I can't remember at the moment. So when I saw this I smiled because it's true. That's exactly what Holden would have said. If it were at my high school it would, for the majority of the class, be true. For those of us who aren't "goddamn phonies" (uuhh I hate that word) we would all revolt and kill the little wanker. Because you know what? He's the fucking phony.
In Kaiser Chiefs news I found two articles about the little so and so's yesterday that I found amusing. First links to them and then the bits I found amusing: Oooooooh: New Kaisers album and Kaiser Chiefs Reveal New Album Details. The first article is from Drowned in Sound which is a British site, while the second one is from Filter Magazine which is American. What I loved about both is that they stick it to KC, but for different reasons. DiS says "So they'd better have something to show for all that time saved flogging the same, tired song for the last two years." The sad bit is that it's true. I've been listening to "Employment" for god knows how long. I have all the lyrics memorized, even "Teammate" which I don't like that much. "Yours Truly, Angry Mob" is very much like Franz Ferdinand's second album in that we, the fans, have been waiting for-fucking-ever for new material. Which leads nicely into my next quote from Filter: "Yours Truly, The Angry Mob will be released globally on February 26th, but sadly North America will have to wait or endure extortionate import prices as it’ll be available here on March 27th." North American fans, who got the first album later and didn't get nearly as many shows as Europe will have to wait longer than the rest of the world. Now I know I've complained about this before, but it doesn't change the facts. The North American fans get the short end of the stick consistantly unless we're willing to either pony up a shitload of money or compromise and deal with bootlegs. Now I have no problem with bootlegs (as a certain folder on my desktop can attest to) but not everyone has the capablities or resources to do as I do. So, not only has everyone had to wait an eternity for new material, but certain geographic areas have to wait longer than the rest of the world. The only bright side? "Yours Truly, Angry Mob" comes out the day after my musical investigation is due. As I said to Ms. Anastasio, it's like a little reward for me. I just wish it came sooner.

No comments: