25.1.07

They Only Come for the Festivals

Actually that's not entirely true. Some are releasing albums over here. Some won't admit they're coming for the festivals and are also releasing an album. Lots are doing both. Others are just coming for the festivals. All in all Coachella in California and South by Southwest in Texas are drawing a lot of bands, even bands that are suppose to be recording (I'm looking at you WAS and Arctic Monkeys.) It's quite nice in a way. Makes me think that the US should have more festivals. Something like that anyway. It's just been rather funny reading about all of these bands heading over here and releasing albums and the like. I know I complain a lot about bands not coming to the States, so it's a bit hypocritical to complain about the fact that they are coming, but still. I wish they weren't all heading over just for these festivals. Because lord almighty I get bored in the summer when everyone's in Europe and the UK. But at least I'll have good music to listen to.

No comments: