7.3.07

I've Got a British Slang Dictionary (Thanks BBC America!)

After watching what now adds up to three and bit hours of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, taking the piss out of one's favourite band seems like quite a lot of fun, which was the case when I looked through Peter Hill's photo's from KC's London show this past weekend. But before we get to that wonderful experience I would like to thank lizzilupin of YouTube for posting all of those wonderful episodes of NTB that I would otherwise be unable to view. Muchos gracias my unknown benefactor, muchos gracias. One last note: I love Simon Amstell and want to be his bestest friend, because I can't date him. He's so cute!! Now onto taking the mickey out of KC.

First off we have my opinion of Whitey's new hairstyle.

I don't know what he's thinking honestly. I mean, would you have a look at that. Horrible, just horrible. He wasn't good looking to begin with, but now. Dear God man, get a haircut for fuck's sake.

Ricky screaming.

Yeah, that's Ricky screaming. I believe he's a very angry man, very angry indeed. Oh wait...there's a song on YTAM called "The Angry Mob." He's obviously auditioning for a part in the mob.

Ricky jumping.

I worry for his neck when I see a picture like that. I also worry about Peter Hill for taking such a god awful picture of Ricky. Something like that just can't be good for one's reputation.

Simon, showing Ricky how one should jump.

Now see this is how one should jump. You've got the closed eyes and scowly face, but it seems that it would be impossible to break one's neck if one were to jump like this. Take note Ricky, Simon is beating you at your signature move.

Simon wins again.

I saved this picture as "tryingtobeelvis" which translates to "trying to be elvis" because of the stance Mr. Wilson is in. Mainly I saved this picture because it nicely points out how all the fat R has gained since 2005 has gravitated towards his torso. I don't really have room to talk, but at least my fat is evenly spread throughout my body. Now the reason Simon wins again (along with Nick and Peanut) is because he has somehow managed not to gain at least 10lbs. I love you Rick, just remember that.

Oooh lookie up there.

What is he looking at? I guess there was a balcony :tries to find out, to no avail: but otherwise he's just blinding himself. He was probably already blind because stage lights hate you and want your eyes to burn, so maybe he just didn't know what he was looking at. In any event, his hair is also bothering me, but nothing I can do about that.

Yes, yes, yes.

Do you remember those Herbal Essences shampoo commercials were the woman model would go "yes, yes, yes" whilst flipping her hair around? I saw this picture and instantly thought "Shampoo commercial." And really that's all I have to say.

Also, I really do have a British slang dictionary. I've had quite a lot of fun looking up random definitions and phrases from different regions of the British Isles and really the only thing I've learned is that the Welsh don't have a damn thing. Except pong (to smell bad), Welsh rarebit (a piece of toast served with a cheddar cheese sauce made with beer), and lechyd da (a popular toast meaning Good Health.) The last one is pronounced yacky dah. So, no money, no sex, and no clothing. Hurrah for the Welsh!!
Off to do work hopefully. I would like to get something done tonight other than watching another episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks with the wonderful and adorkable Simon Amstell. Aaah disco.

No comments: