28.3.07

The Many Things That Need to be Said

So I got into UMW, yay!! I was really giddy most of yesterday afternoon because of that, but also because I have the new KC album which, for those cool people who bought the CD/DVD combo, includes an absolutely fantastic short film by a friend of the band's. I'll address that topic a bit later though. Firstly I have some things to get off my chest (or more accurately, out of my unposted articles folder).
Random Ten-Inch interview. Tis very interesting, mainly because it gives all the background info about Ten-Inch that I didn't know before. So yeah, that's all.
Umm, when did Noel Gallagher become nice? Seriously, read the article and you'll be wondering what he's on. I'm so confused...
Twat. I swear, I'm starting to wonder what people want from new music. I'm also starting to question my loyalty to DiS considering how frequently I've been disagreeing with their reviews. I don't need another news site (thank you NME), so the fact that DiS and I seem to have divergent opinions on music makes me wonder what the point of looking at their site is. Which makes me sad because it's a really lovely site and the writing style of the staff is fun. Still, Dom Gourley is a twat of the highest order.
Also, on the topic of music reviews confusing me, what the hell do you people want??? Honestly, am I just blind-sided by obsession with band? I mean, Mums likes the new album, but we practically have the same taste in music. Dad thinks it's good, but he was programing his new BlackBerry last night, so I don't really trust that opinion. I haven't heard from Sophs and I don't know anyone who I can get an honest opinion from. So here I am wondering whether my undying devotion to all things Kaiser Chiefs has completely skewed my ability to accurately tell whether YTAM is actually any good. Which annoys me to no end.
So yeah, that's that. Onto my notes from Tim Blackwell's Film. Tim knows the band through Rick (they met at uni) and has been "filming them [Kaiser Chiefs] ever since their early days." On the DVD that comes with YTAM there's a short film by him that's positively wunderbar and I took notes during my second viewing (it's only 14 minutes, so shut up.) Here they are!
  • R= guuhh [Throughout the whole damn film, he's just wonderful]
  • Mustache [Rick had full out beard which got shaved off to a mustache which you see at the very beginning of the film. Now he's all nice and shorn.]
  • Pancake
  • "Peanut, not Pancake" - Nick [Whitey mistakenly called Peanut Pancake]
  • Gareth Keen/Keane [Who Peanut is more like. I'm not entirely sure who this is referencing.]
  • "I'm confused" - Simon [Same here. Something involving R, Whitey, and a pool table]
  • "I can't play" - Whitey [can't play the piano]
  • P=Spiderman [When asked which super hero is more like, Superman or Spiderman, this was Peanut's answer]
  • Nick recording vocals/rapping [Literally]
  • Slow-mo recording [Scene that shows the band recording, but all slow-mo]
  • 4 screen recording scene [The screen is split into four, with each showing a different part of the recording process. Shot during the recording of "Heat Dies Down"]
    • Photoshoot
    • Slightly out of tune?
    • Arm waving [Rick randomly waving his arm, which reminded me of something you do in chorus when you mess up]
    • Diff between R & N
      • Recording faces (when singing)
      • Also sort of similar [In terms of when they close their eyes, which was at exactly the same time]
    • <> [crescendo, decrescendo and the facial expression difference]/rocking out
    • R looking at camera [Really amusing, because it's so obvious]
    • Beer after recording
    • "Invisible, inaudible" - R [So cute!!!!!!!! In reference to how he couldn't hear Whitey]
  • Zoo
    • Tortoise
    • Giraffes
      • Legs then neck [According to R, giraffes long legs evolved first to get the high leaves, then the neck to drink water.]
  • Antwerp
    • "Hi" - R [He says hi and then the band starts into "The Angry Mob"]
So yeah, those are my notes. I have no idea how to rip the video onto my mp3, otherwise I would probably be watching it all the time. Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually. In fact, I might do that right now.
Until later mes chers

No comments: