25.4.07

I'm a Bitter Old Woman at Not Quite 19

Crap fuckity, fuck, fuck, shit. Bugger, bollocks, bollocks, shite, shite, shite. God damn it to hell, son of a bitch, fuck, fuck, fuck. :continues to curse and scream, inwardly:
I've got reviews! Reviews of Favourite Worse Nightmare! Not by me! That will come later, along with a more general overview of this year's (and last year's) second album releases. Fucking huzzah. Now for the reviews; DIY: A-. DiS: A-. NME: A.
And now a review of Costello Music by the AV Club's Steven Hyden. I like him.
Finally in the review section, a review of the Cribs' new single, produced by Alex Kapranos, "Man's Needs." Sounds horribly exciting.
Now for links! About things! Like My Chemical Romance and Patrick Wolf! Whoopee.
Patrick Wolf quits live music. Just like the Beatles except 40 years too late to be cool. Let's see how survives without concerts. Little shit.
Baby Metallica gets to keep her name. Hopefully she won't mind too much when she gets older, otherwise all this hubbub would have been for nought.
The Pipettes do an interview with AV Club. I haven't actually read this, but I like the Pipettes, so they might as well get some face time in this here blog.
MCR lose their bassist to marriage. I suspect there must be more of a reason than that, but since the primary reason given is a nice one, I'll leave it alone. This does lead to some question as to who the hell will be playing bass when I seem them this Saturday. Again, I won't question since really I don't care.
Favourite Worst Nightmare is going to be big in Britian. Fairly unsurprising, as DiS said, though interestingly enough there's an article from Reuters pointing out that this record didn't sell as well as the first one. It doesn't matter though because Arctic Monkeys can't help but be huge at all times. It's just their unfortunate fate.
Avril Lavigne tramples all. I find this interesting mearly because I haven't heard her new single and if that stays the way it is, I will be happy. Really.
Oddly enough this is the only thing today that has made me remotely happy. That and reading backlog entries of Kirkland Ciccone's column. God I want out of here so badly. Do you think DIY would take on an American high school drop out with an undying love for all things British? I don't need to be paid. Honestly. I just need the UK.
Well now that I've got that over and done with I'm going to make a confession. You can't tell Farber or the rents because they'll worry, but...I'm listening to YTAM. I was desperate and am in a terrible mood and needed something comforting. Oddly enough that is YTAM, despite some less than stellar connotations. As much as I don't want to take two years (or even 1 semester) of French, I'm not looking forward to the testing required to get me out that gen. ed. requirement. I've been fighting so hard against my learning/developmental disability that I feel like I'm giving in by doing this. Needless to say, Kaiser Chiefs are still my favourite band and so are like the musical equivalent of chocolate. Damn my neediness. Stupid KC for still being my favourite band. Damn, damn, damn.
Anything else? Oh yes, I finished watching Casanova (the Ten-Inch version) and I didn't cry at the end. It was good and thoroughly enjoyable. Now the evil files are deleted and chances are I won't be seeing Casanova and all of it's wonderful sex for quite a long time.
Oh sweet, sweet KC.
Editorial Note: Just because I'm listening to KC doesn't mean I've fully regressed to where I was before the concert. It just means I'm listening to KC. I want to make that perfectly clear so nobody gets any ideas. I'm just listening to Kaiser Chiefs, not being an obsessive fangirl. Just listening.

No comments: