10.6.07

A Week

So that's what a week without blogging is like. Hmm...
So this was my last week of secondary education. Most of it was spent thinking "dear god I'm bored" and "shit, shit, shit." I got most everything done that needed to be done this week and haven't touched my clarinet once in the same amount of time. Makes a girl happy, not having to touch one's clarinet. Mind you I have discovered that my left hand is relatively uncoordinated while my right hand laughs and points, because it has mastered the I-IV-I-V-I hand position/transitions. I got my yearbook and scrambled to get everyone I wanted/needed to have sign it sign it. Unfortunately I've been guilted into going to the Senior BBQ which means I'll be spending my Monday night bored out my skull. Oh well, besides graduation this probably the last time I'll see many of these people, so I might as well suck it up.
Let's see what else is there to say? I've decided that after graduation I'm going to say somethings in this journal that I wouldn't have normally said during the school year because I probably won't see a lot of people who could possibly be offended by what I'm going to say...basically there will be a slightly confessional journal entry in the days after graduation because I can. Also I feel like shit for no apparent reason, which annoys me because I like having a reason for feeling like shit. But yeah...I'm basically done with high school. Mwhahahahahhahahaha, now I can be the serial killer I always wanted to be (j/k.)
Recently there has been some news about Blur. Some people might be happy to hear that they'll be going back to the studio this fall. I'm in the minority. I'm in the minority because I think this whole thing is fueled by the not so successful band members (Rowntree, James) who need to accept that they need to move on. Their time has come and gone. I mean look at Oasis. Do you really want to be like them? In any event, I hope Graham keeps his head about him and doesn't give in. Damon has always seemed like the soft type, so I'm not surprised he's doing this, but I really truly hope that Graham doesn't give into David and Alex's requests. Oh, and yes, I am a bitter old woman.
I read this little article awhile and found it amusing in a rather cynical way. You see Patrick Wolf is a British solo artist whose a bit flamboyant and has bright orange hair. His debut CD (at least for us in the States) was rather good, though it had some songs that seemed to go on for a bit too long, but was otherwise good. In any event I always find it amusing when people or bands decide to go "political." I find it particularly amusing when they go political over something that has nothing to do with them, such as the American political situation. Now I realize that with the world we live in, everything affects everyone, so what happens in the States affects someone in the UK almost as much as it affects me, but still. What business is of theirs if the political situation over here is fucked up? Last time I heard (which was quite awhile ago, and wasn't very in depth) the political situation over in the UK wasn't all wine and roses either. So, why not write an album about that, instead of writing an album about the US. We already have people who do that like Neil Young or Nellie McKay. Hell we have Kanye West for Chrissake, we don't need a Brit too.
Editor's Note: The above might make me seem like a conservative quack. I'm not, I just don't like politics and so music that has to do with politics annoys me a bit. I figure if the Beatles didn't see fit to comment on Vietnam, why do all these artists have to comment on nearly everything that is bollocks about politics. Anyway, just remember that I'm not a conservative quack, just a normal loon.
Bleh. I'm seriously thinking about taking a nap even though I've done absolutely jack today. So I'll leave you with this little goody. I swear I've watched that episode of NMTB way too many times and that particular bit always cracks me up. Ryan Jarman is fucking hilarious. And now I'm off.

No comments: