29.7.07

This is What I Do

The posting of articles will be in chronological order, starting on 17 July. Some of the articles are news, others are op-ed, and a smattering of them will allow me to bitch about how unfair the world is. Mostly though, they're news related. Enjoy.
Don't ask me why, but I feel old. I'm not sure why Brandon Flowers having a son makes me feel old, but it does. I'm sure I'll feel really old when Kaiser Chiefs Member X gets married and has a kid, but at the moment, all I know is that I feel old.
Ah, the Mercury Awards. Raise your hand if you really that surprised that Arctic Monkeys got nominated. Now raise your hand if you were surprised that Lily Allen didn't get nominated. Now go look at the list DiS came up with of who should have gotten nominated.
I wouldn't go to a one second concert, even if I was told that it was a one second concert before hand. I don't care if it's the White Stripes, what's the bloody point? What has this world come to, a one second concert. Jesus.
Now Rilo Kiley knows how to make me happy. They're releasing their new album in the States before they release in the UK and their spending two nights at the 9:30 club. If only other artists I like would follow suit...
Like the Arctic Monkeys. Who aren't even coming to the metro-DC area. Or Kaiser Chiefs, or are also not coming anywhere near the metro-DC area. A pox upon both their houses. And don't give me this shit about announcing more dates later, I know you're lying (well, not lying, just prolonging my misery.) Anyway, I think more artists should be like Rilo Kiley.
Okay, so it seems now that festival is nearing it's end (just a week until Virgin festival baby!) a bunch of little known artists are going back to the studio to record new material. Like the Spinto Band. Except it doesn't seem like that long ago that I got their first album. Oh well, best of luck boys.
Congrats and best of luck to Queen guitarist Brian May for going back to school to finish his doctoral thesis in astrophysics. That is all.
Not this again. Okay, so you're a semi-famous indie rocker from Yorkshire, Mr. Jarman, but that does not mean you have to bash the rest of the music world. Sure you look tough and cool, but really you just look a hypocritical dick. Yes, you have some good points (hurrah for bandwagons!) but really, calling the whole of the indie music scene rubbish is just a bit much. And this is coming from someone who only listened to the Beatles for a year and a half. So please Mr. Jarman, do us all a favour and don't comment on the state of the indie music scene. You'll regret it later.
Now this is nice. I can totally understand road-testing new material in your home country (especially when said country is kind of small) and so I only hold a slight grudge against the Scottish fanz of Franz for getting to see them this fall when I've never seen them in my life. Only a small grudge against those lucky bastards.
You know what I think about Kaiser Chiefs adding a second Birmingham date? Why don't they add a second (fuck, a first) metro-DC date. By the way, have I mentioned that I'm a bitter old lady recently? Because I am.
Oh Carlos. Don't you know what happens when you try to a movie star and a rock star? Bad things my friend, bad things. Either that or nothing. Your choice.
Well now that that's done, onto the concert review. Ooh boy, I'm just on a writing frenzy. Or something, like that.

No comments: