11.9.07

This Is Not What I Need

I know I haven't been writing that much, and most of it has been about things other than my life (though that's pretty typical.) I've been adjusting fairly well to this whole "college" thing, and pretty much trying not to suck at life. Overall I've been doing a good job of it, with only a few exceptions. Nonetheless, there's a certain amount of comfort "food" that is needed, especially when I start thinking about my bed at home. As we all know, Kaiser Chiefs tend to fulfil that need very well, with their catchy tunes and "Boxing Champ." That is until today. You see today they announced, through Mr. "Boxing Champ" himself, that they were cancelling all but three of their upcoming North American dates. Now, I was pissed to begin with because they were stopping in NYC and then leaving, so no DC, but still. The announcement Mr. Hodgson gave, made the band sound like a bunch of twat bastards, which isn't exactly a good thing. Essentially, what comes down to is this: "We're screwing you over by cancelling these dates so we can fuck around in our rehearsal space, because we can. There aren't that many American/Canadian fans, so we can get away with this without too much of a backlash. Hahahahahahaha." As you can see, I'm now super pissed because a whole slew of fans are being completely screwed over, and those fans who live (or can somehow get to) Mexico City, Austin City Limits, or NYC will be lucky enough to see the band. And of course, their UK tour hasn't been cancelled. Nor have their European dates. Funny that.
In other news, Allison and I have a mind meld that is wicked scary and rivals my family's mind meld. Also, Lipton raspberry White Tea is delicious.
Oh yeah, Hot Hot Heat's third LP comes out today, so go buy that. I'm off to do laundry.

No comments: