3.9.07

Welcome to College

Welcome to College! We hope that you are enjoying your stay and all that entails. Below is a list of rules you should follow to insure complete success:
  1. Do not leave your keys in your room. Ever. You might get locked out for two hours, miss having dinner with people, be forced to spend more of your very limited FLEX account, and look like an incredibly socially awkward person (like that one in your Western Civ I class).

I am currently in hate of the world, most immediately because I was locked out of my dorm for two hours with nothing to do but listen to my mp3 player and pray to god one of my roommates showed up soon. Right now I would really like to be alone so I could belt out whatever the heck I feel like belting out, but my saviour Cecilia is in the room still and unlike Allison, I don't know whether she'll mind if I do belt out, say, Keane. I might test her though. Very soon.
So I had a good weekend. Hung out with Allison, and then yesterday a couple of her friends. Got absolutely none of my journo homework done (which I'm now deeply regretting) and watched "Hot Fuzz" with Allison and Paul last night. Had a WordPress account for a couple of days before realizing it's the exact same thing as having a Blogger account. Farber would be so proud (of the socializing, not the WordPress fiasco.)
Today I signed up to participate in Giant Productions (who will bring Kaiser Chiefs to our campus because I say so dammit), the radio station (where I will brainwash everyone into loving Kaiser Chiefs, so that bringing them to our campus will be that much easier) and to find out about auditions for one of the a Capella groups (which had nothing to do with Kaiser Chiefs unfortunately). Earlier in the day I contained myself during FSEM when we talked about the Beatles, to insure that I didn't scare anyone too much, because that is possible when I talk about things I like. Talked to my Western Civ prof about accomadations which took all of maybe five minutes. Even in private he says "umm" more than any normal person should, which is kind of endearing in a pathetic way. Then there was the clubs carnival and getting locked out my room for two hours. I will not forget that any time soon.
I also saw Alex when I was getting my very, very delayed dinner. With a girl. So now I know what he's been doing.
Beware the machete my friend, beware the machete

No comments: