5.10.07

The Art of Concert Going

Today is Rocktober Fest (don't ask me how one day can be considered a fest, but I digress) at good ole UMW and right now there is a very long line outside of GW Hall. Chances are people have been waiting at least an hour, maybe more (maybe less) depending on where they are in line. The headliners are Plain White T's (pardon me while I go gag to death at the thought of those posers being on my campus.) My roommate and a friend of her's are thinking of going, even though they don't have tickets and the concert is suppose to have already started. The logic is that since they're giving away tickets (though probably not now) they'll get in after the opening acts have gone and just see the PWT's. I feel like screaming because that is not how you do the whole concert thing. There is (as my title might have suggested) an art to concert going. Part of it involves seeing all of the acts.
The Art of Concert Going
1) You go see all the acts. I think it's incredibly rude to talk through the openers, but the point is, you don't just go to see one part of a concert. That's what festivals are for.
2) Get tickets ahead of time. Part of the thrill of going to a concert is getting the tickets ahead of time so you can drool over how awesome the concerts going to be etc, etc. People giving away tickets (even if the show is free) are bad people. Bad, bad people. And no, I don't care if the show is free, unless the person giving the tickets to you are a part of the venue, it is bad. Bad, bad, bad. Almost evil, but not quite.
3) Did I mention the whole, go see the whole show not just part of it? Yeah, that's an important one.
4) Unless you are me, or have an equally good reason as mine, don't leave part way through the headliner. It's a bit rude and chances are you'll regret it. If you really want to leave (not that I'm suggesting that you leave) do it before they come on stage, especially if you're in a club, because I can promise you once the headliners come on it will be almost impossible to leave. So really, don't leave part way through.
Oh yeah, I'm a total hypocrite. Complete hypocrite.
:Goes to see Plain White T's, because she's a horrible person:

No comments: