15.10.07

The Day the Computer Died

For the past week or so my computer has been running at sub-par speeds. The kicker though was when Word stopped working properly and I had to uninstall Yahoo Music Jukebox and Firefox for inexplicable reasons. So I called and complained to Mums and I got an appointment to have the rummy thing fixed. Turns out I was working at almost full capacity and the stupid thing was rather near exploding I suppose. In any event the person working on my computer said I had to completely wipe the thing and reinstall Windows XP. This in turn means I've lost all of my links and a good portion of my music, though none that I can't re-burn at a later date. The biggest annoyance is trying to recall where I save things and all my bloody links. It's amazing how many amassed over the past year or so, but there you have it. Can't do a damn thing about the saved things until I get back to school and I'm not going to do anything really about the music until I have more RAM (which seems to be main problem), just in case having all that music was part of the problem. Personally I think having a shit load of large programs on the bally thing is what caused the problems, but having an equally large amount of music probably didn't help matters. So that's the state of things. Not exactly in the soup, but pretty damn close.
(I've been reading P.G. Wodehouse for the past week and some of the jargon has gotten in my head and refuses to leave. Neither has the posh British accent that has accompanied the book, but that's besides the point. This is just an explanation for the strange words.)

No comments: