17.9.08

Tonight's News, Pt. 2

I've somehow managed to get roped into being section leader for the altos in chorus. Prof. Tavernier decided that we needed to assign section leaders tonight at rehearsal and so when nobody from the section volunteered she moved on. I figured that someone would volunteer after the two soprano sections had chosen section leaders, but I was wrong. No one volunteered and so Prof. T chose me for no particular reason, at least in my opinion. She might have picked me because I was in the front row, who knows. The reason this is a bad thing is because last year I never went to any of my required sectionals because I always decided I didn't have time to go. This year I'm actually quite busy what with classes, rehearsals, and lab hours. But because I've disappointed Prof. T enough I said I would be section leader. I'm an idiot apparently.
I'm also currently experiencing eye problems. Monday night something got in my eye, I rubbed it in an effort to get it out of my eye and then went to sleep. I spent the majority of yesterday rubbing said eye and making the whole thing a lot worse. I thought it was allergies, but upon further investigation last night I can say with no authority that I scratched the outermost surface of my right eyeball near the tear duct (which I believe is called the cornea, but I've no clue.) In an effort to decrease the pain and inflammation I wore my glasses all last night and all of today. My right eye now looks mostly normal, but I'm going to avoid wearing my contacts until I can't see the scratch anymore. Hopefully that will be just a few more days since I'm incredibly vain and have a band performance on Saturday. I was rather panicked when I realized that the problem wasn't allergies and my right eye looked mostly red in the corner, but I've since gotten over that initial worry. As Mums said, I just need to let it heal on it's own, like a cut on my leg.
On a final note, I would like to point out that a certain lead singer is still ridiculously good looking and a certain drummer really should shave off his ridiculous moustache because he looks like an idiot.

No comments: