1.4.09

Business Update

Here's whats been going on for the past four-ish days.
Saturday
Most of Saturday was spent whiling away the time until later that night. I really didn't do anything at all, though I must say Dollhouse is an amazing show and it's the first time I've seen a Whedon production during its original run-time. Saturday night however I went to see my school's production of The Vagina Monologues which was absolutely amazing. I was really impressed with the whole thing and would highly recommend everyone who reads this blog going to see it next year. Obviously not at my school, unless you're someone who is at my school and is reading this. In which case 1) why are you reading this and 2) go see The Vagina Monologues next year.

Sunday
Sunday was more boring than Saturday, mostly because I spent three hours all by myself in the media lab. At least I was getting paid, but seriously, no one showed up. I continued to be really tired, which was a theme that started on Saturday, but seemed more prevalent on Sunday because I actually tried to sleep on the couch we have in the media lab. I would not suggest anyone else doing that, it is very uncomfortable.

Monday
I thought about skipping classics because we're just watching Troy and I could watch that on my own time when I was more awake. Decided against doing that because I found out that my music history class was cancelled and so I went to watch Troy. It was more ridiculous than I remembered it being, but sometimes it's fun to watch ridiculous things. I also battled my way through registration. That was not fun and made my exhaustion all the more prevalent. So after work on Monday I took a nap and slept through the radio station meeting. I only feel a little bad about this since I've been to every single one of those damn meetings this semester and I'm sure we'll have another one next week. Monday was also the night of the Ben Folds concert, which I'm still recovering from. The audience was comatose (though there were a few jumpers and rockers like me) and one person on my flist over at Facebook said that the whole thing took too long. I wanted to comment and ask if he'd ever been to a professional rock concert before, but was too tired. The actual concert though was excellent and the openers, Jukebox the Ghost, were really awesome too. As will all Ben Folds shows, I didn't write a setlist, though I suspect I could have this time. Still, the whole thing was mucho fun and I was sad that I couldn't stay the whole time. Damn you early classes!

Tuesday
Yesterday I ended up being a good little student and not only did band set-up in record time, I also went to my Asian Civ. class. Had skills, then band. In band we finally met the soloist who is performing with us on Friday and damn. He's a saxophonist and his fingers move so fucking fast...even jaded Nore was impressed. I was literally leaning over while we were practicing so I could look at his fingers while he was playing. It was amazing. Kind of like Ben Folds. I also had my lesson, which went better than I expected since I had only looked at the piece he had given me last week once. However my exhaustion, both from the night before and in general, was slowly taking over me. I didn't get a nap though which made me sad. I did watch new House, Gossip Girl (OMG Vanessa and Chuck are not cool, nor are Nate and Blair. Chuck and Blair forever!). I also watched new Law and Order: UK which always makes me happy. Then I went to bed.

Wednesday
I took a nap today! And I have my show tonight. I've listened to all of Ida Maria's debut album and deem it good. I've listened to part of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' third album and deem Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Tonight's show, while being prepared at the last minute, should be good. I'm still tired. I could probably sleep forever if I wanted to. I'm seeing Larissa tomorrow, which should be interesting since by now she should have talked to Farber. We'll see. I might update. I've got a six page paper due on Friday and I'm not excited. Or prepared. Nor have I started it. Oh well. We shall see.

No comments: