1.7.09

Late Breaking Ridiculous News

Today I'm toeing the fine line between not doing anything and getting enough done so that it seems like I actually did something today. It's difficult, but I figure if I get three shows archived today, I'll be good. Anyway, that's not the reason I'm updating. No I have a much more interesting reason for updating.
Did you know you could feel the back of your thighs? I didn't, at least not until today. I took my second kick boxing class last night, and while there wasn't any point where I thought I was going to puke, I'm feeling the effects today. It's good though, all this pain and drinking two bottles of water in one sitting. As Allison told me last year, in a emasculating and "god aren't you just the biggest idiot" way, pain is a part of a good work out. Unless it's ballet, but as I told my mum after the first class, there's nothing like ballet (other than ice skating and gymnastics) in the real world. So bring it on, bitch.
Okay, now the real reason I'm updating today. Back in January Lily Allen accidentally sent Ricky Wilson a topless picture of herself. I find this story both highly disturbing and highly amusing at the same time. Highly disturbing because why would you send anyone a topless picture of yourself when you're a celebrity and the person it's being sent to isn't your significant other, but highly amusing because it just is. So that's my celebrity story for the month. The fact that it's about two of my favourite artists, completely coincidental.
Finally here's a quote from a 1985 interview with Mike Watt and D. Boon of the Minutemen. I find it hilarious, but that's because I'm weird.
[The two had been discussing why people had been dying in Central America and Watt had stated that one of the reasons was rascism. Now the quote]
Boon: But they weren't Spanish. The Spanish married all the women and had all the children. The just killed the braves and married the women.
Watt: That's not racism, huh?
Boon: Well, the English did it a lot better. They just murdered everybody in front of them.

No comments: