19.10.09

Best Reaction Ever

So this a bit redundant, but I got into Westminster. I've done everything to convey this news save going to the top of a very tall hill and yelling it at the top of my lungs (which, as those people who went to the first sci-fi club meeting of the year can attest to, is very loud.) As well as people "liking" my statuses and commenting and/or replying to those statuses, I had some people tell me in person congratulations. One such example was in theory and of course when someone says "congratulations" to someone else, if other people don't know why the first person is saying that, they like to know. So I said why the person was giving me congrats and then my theory professor went "huh?" So I said it again and he asked where and told him London and then he asked what I'm going to be studying. Now as I've said in the past, my theory professor doesn't hold pop music in the highest esteem, but has been making an effort not to completely slag the genre off as a whole. This has been done to varying degrees of sucess, so I was somewhat intrigued to see what his reaction would be to my answer, which was radio production and pop music. He looked at his papers with a frown on his face from confusion, repeated what I said and then said "Okay." We moved on and it was suggested that I write the department post cards. Now, I have a lot of respect for my theory professor, despite our differing views on the legitimacy of pop music. Everyone is allowed an opinion and a strong argument can be made, as has probably been made throughout pop's history, that pop music isn't really legit. But in my heart of hearts, I know he thinks that I'm wasting my time next semester. I don't think I am, but I can see where he's coming from. I just found it amusing to see the way he reacted. As nice as it was to have many people congratulating me, it was more amusing to see Dr. Long try and be diplomatic.
One last thing that has nothing to do with getting into Westminster. This is more a general statement, but I feel I need to say it. Sometimes I write things in this blog about situations in my real life. Sometimes when I do that, I don't always take into account that people in my real life can, quite possibly, see and read what I've written. It rarely happens, which is why I don't worry about it often. However this doesn't mean that I don't make mistakes. I am human and therefore make mistakes and misjudgements. This is just kind of my caveat to all of you out there in the ether: I'm not perfect and I sometimes write about things that I shouldn't. Anyway, just wanted to say that.
The only down side to finding out today, is that I can't really do anything to celebrate until Wednesday because of this analysis paper for history. Other than that though, my entire week is made. Entire month actually. My life is made. :does best impression of Bernard Black smiling:

No comments: