17.1.10

Walking in the Wrong Direction is Fun!

When I got my first job I very insistently walked the wrong way because I was sure I knew what I was doing. I'm naturally a very stubborn person, so it should come as no surprise that today's adventure consisted mainly of me walking in the wrong way because I was so sure that I was going the right way and would eventual get to where I wanted to go. I've since looked at a map and discovered that, no, I really was going the wrong way. Much like with my first job I was walking in exactly the opposite direction. Go me.
Today's mission was to get a phone. I didn't really care about anything else, but I was going to get a phone. This meant going some place other than Sainsbury. I looked up St. Ann's Shopping Centre on google and proceeded to write down directions. I then decided that I knew what I was doing and ended up going in the opposite direction of St. Ann's. The entire time I was walking I was sure that eventually I would happen across the shopping centre, that I was going the right way. After a good 20 minutes of walking I gave up and headed back towards Sainsbury. This was around 2:40, having woken up at 1ish (yeah, don't get me started.) I had a lovely lunch of cottage pie and cooked carrot sticks after which I did some more shopping. I got a clock radio so I don't miss orientation tomorrow and some ibuprofen to take care of the shoulder pain one gets when one drags 40lbs of luggage around. I also got some Cheerios ("give those Os a go!") which I'm enjoying.
Finally, people need to stop questioning my signature. I know it doesn't look like a signature and definitely isn't the same as the one I've got on my licensce but a) it is a signature and b) the one on my driver's license is from five years ago. Signatures are allowed to evolve. So yeah, stop questioning the scribble...I mean signature.

No comments: