30.1.11

London Redux

I hate crying in public. I hate crying in front of one person who isn't my mother to be perfectly honest. I generally dislike crying because it's a major sign of weakness and you never know who might overhear. But on Thursday, and indeed for the past few days, I've been crying quite a lot. As Dr. Fillerup rightly pointed out, I'm under quite a lot of stress and it seems crying is the only remedy at the moment.
A situation that has been brewing since last semester is close to boiling. My roommates and I are no longer speaking and they actively ignore me when it's possible. I've tried my best to ignore and live with the current setup, but when you dread going back to your own room because of the hostility that lives there you know there's something wrong. I've been through this before (though it was rather more distressing as those with long memories will remember) and I hate the idea of going through it again. I've spoken to my RA and I hope that by making a roommate agreement things won't get worse will possibly get better, but given the knots in my stomach, I wouldn't say I have a lot of hope. I'm more worried about retaliation to be honest but that's largely because I'm just paranoid like that. I want a calm life. I'm that a roommate agreement will bring that, at least to a certain extent. As I kept saying last year, I just need to get through till the end of April and then I'll be away from all this. I'm just not sure how well I'll make it.
Otherwise things are going well. I'm tired of being an undergraduate and I'm looking towards my future more and more. Nonetheless classes are going well and I'm actually enjoying some of them. I'll try to post again when something good happens. For the meantime be sure to check out my other far more active blog Anglo-Audiophile 2.0 for interesting musings on various things. The next two weeks will be filled with photos, so that's cheery. And we all need cheery things in our lives.

No comments: