14.4.11

The End of an Era or My Mashup

I have a lot to say about being a WMWC DJ. Most of it's very positive. But that's for another entry, probably next week. This entry is about the mashup I created for the assignment that will also be featured on my last radio show ever next week. My idea was that I would string together 15 second (or so) snippets of a variety of songs from artists who I a) played only one song of theirs, but I played it frequently, b) played often but not as frequently as others or c) played one song just once but who's style covers a range of similar artists who I played one song by once or twice. The mashup-ed artists and songs are as follows:
  1. The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Golden Age
  2. The Ting Tings - Great DJ
  3. Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
  4. The Rumble Strips - Not the Only Person
  5. Spoon - The Underdog
  6. Guillemots - Trains to Brazil
  7. Mystery Jets - Young Love
  8. BPA - Seattle
  9. Music Go Music - Light of Love
  10. The White Rabbits - Navy Wives
  11. Eliza Doolittle - Pick Up
  12. The Submarines - You, Me and The Bourgeoisie
  13. Feist - 1234
Obviously if I had unlimited time I would have included more songs, but I think the 13 songs I chose are a pretty good summary of all those outliers I've included in my radio show over the past 3 and a half years. And of course I know you want to hear it, so here it is in all its glory.
Elmashup by cydwarning30
Enjoy.

No comments: