20.2.05

Calming Down

When Mums and I use to have an arguement my anger would last me the rest of the day. So if we had an arguement at 2pm I would pretty much be simmering until I went to bed. I'm not exactly sure why (though I do blame it entirely on my therapy) but now I don't get so angry. And when I am angry, I don't let it brew inside me for so long.
Frustration on the other, that still stays. Right now I'm frustrated with Mums because she repeats things that I've known since God knows when, and then gets made at me when she says the same goddamn fucking thing twenty million times. Like today. I have scheduling for next years classes on Thursday during English. There is one class where things are in a bit of a "confusion" because my history teacher (actually government but same diff) wants to see my grade improve before he'll give his consent for placing me in IB History I. Now there is a way to override his decision, but quite frankly I have more faith in myself and my school than my parents seem to have. Now I understand that my parents have been dealing with the school a lot longer than I have, but still. I don't honestly believe my guidance counselor would be so thick as to not reserve a spot for me in this class. Once Mr. Million signs off in May I'll just go back to my guidance couselor and say "Hey! Lookee here! I'm in IB History next year! Mr. Million says so!" The system may be fucked up, but I don't think it's that fucked up.
Now if the system worked the way my parents think it works, I would tell my guidance counselor on Thursday "IB History yes, but not yet" and somehow when May rolls around, I wouldn't be able to be in that class so I would be stuck in freshman history. :rolls eyes: So my Mums is telling me this on the car ride back from Flutopia. Does she realize how many times I've heard this? I already know what could happen. To me it seems highly unlikely, but I do know. So I get a little frustrated. I get a little snippy. So what does my mom do? Blow up at me. I've learned through past experience that since Mums has blown up at me, there's no way to defend myself. No point in defending myself. So instead of digging myself into a hole, or betray own values by apologizing I remain silent. Honestly, that may not have been the best decision, but it was the prefered option at the moment.
Now I've calmed down a little bit and I'm not so pissed off at Mums for blowing up at me both in the car and when we got home. I'm still frustrated though. I still don't understand why Mums thought I didn't know what could happen. Why she thought I was so thick.
I NEED MY BEATLES!!!!!!! Music: Cure-all for Nore

No comments: