9.2.05

"Lost" Email Entry

Here's the "lost" entry I typed earlier today. I don't think I'll be emailing anymore entries for awhile.

It seems kind of silly to be doing this, when I can access the sight and everything, but I like it nonetheless. Makes me feel special.
Thus far school has been going well. English was english, which is to say farely easy. We wasted a lot of time in Chem with Mrs. Stowe explaining to us the IB Diploma program. Really boring for me since I'm not doing the IB diploma. I don't have time, and I don't have the conviction. As Marshall has said, it's nice to have it, colleges like it, but really going for certificates is the same thing education wise. In not doing the diploma I don't have to deal with the stress of writing the extended essay (4,000 word research paper with little to no help from your "advisor), the TOK class (theory of knowledge/philosphy class) and the CAS hours (creative, action, service {aka community service} with no guidance whatsoever from the people in charge.) I'm not saying that the IB diploma program is a lot of hassle for nothing. My sister got except early decision in to William and Mary (a first teer Virginia public college) in large part because she was doing the diploma. I, personally, am not cut out to do it. I'm having a hard enough time this year just keeping ontop of all my work. I say bravo to those who do it, just don't count me in.
Anyway we wasted a lot of time having that explained to us, and then the IB Bio teacher came to talk to us about that class. I was the only person with a question, and once that was covered I started thinking about whether I wanted to do the higher level IB Bio program. I've decided against it because a) I'm going to majoring in biology in college and I'm sure we'll cover enough about genetics and anatomy to quench my thirst for knowledge in that area and b) I really don't want to do double duty in science my senior year. I would so much rather do Chorus and Creative Writing than Physics and IB Bio II.
So thats been my day so far. Not incredibly interesting, but then again, my days are never terribly interesting.

No comments: