13.3.05

The Men

"The men. Who are these mysterious men? What have they got to do with Nore? I thought she was single?"-My patient readers (if there really are any readers)
The men. My music is populated by them. My brain is filled with them, both imaginary and real. Famous and infamous. Copycats and originals. Tight asses (Loghman) and nuts-os (Sam). The men sing my songs, touch my heart and give me the fondest memories. And most importantly, they are my obsession.
Mainly the men are the musicians who crowd my mp3 player. Eve6, Fastball, Cake, Talking Heads, Filter, Eagles of Death Metal, Elton John. I would say the majority of my music collection (or at least the parts I listen to) are "boy bands" or male artists. This isn't to say I don't have woman. Who've made a larger impact on me. No I am merely saying that in scrolling through the pop section of my mp3 player, the majority are male, or male groups.

God I feel incoherant.

I can tell it's going to be spring soon. It's almost 6 o'clock and still fairely light outside. Which means it'll be lighter in the mornings too. I like it this way. I like spring above all the other seasons. I like the weather, the temperatures. It's never too warm, although it can be too cold at times. I like being able to wear a short sleeve short and my jeans.

I'm feeling incoherant. I think I'll go now.

No comments: