5.8.05

Caffeine and Bouncy Music

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm going to need a lot of caffeine and that I won't be able to listen to Keane. That "Marvin mood" I was talking about the other day has been lurking around far longer than I wanted. So, the best remedy I have is to listen to incredibly bouncy music and have lots of caffeine to keep my energy up. I can't quite put my finger on the cause of the Marvin mood but I'm fairly sure it has something to do with the impending weeks.
To start off with I have a week at the beach avec ma mere's famille. It's not that I hate these guys, it's just...well they annoy the crap out of me if I spend too much time with them. So what should have been my last week of vacation is turning out to be a week of hermiting with my Dad. To say the least, this is not how I like to spend a week at the beach. Hopefully though, things won't turn out too badly and all this ill feeling will be for not.
Then of course we have marching band. :scowls: Yes starting a week from Monday I'm going to be counting down the days till November when the band's "Tag Day" concert is, and when marching band season officially ends. I think this year will be particularly painful because the music annoys me so much. I mean by the time school started last year, I hated marching band. And last year we did "West Side Story" a musically I really like. So just imagine going into this with a deep dislike of the music. Torture my friends, torture.

So marching band starts about 3 weeks before school. Thinking about marching band makes me think about school. Despite the fact that I really have nothing to fear, I'm still kind of scared of school this year. Thankfully my fears have moved from academic to social. See, I'm use to being afraid of the social part of school. This I can handle in some manner. I guess really I'm not afraid so much as nervous. There are certain people (Loghman, Marshall) who I really want to be in my class(es) this upcoming year. And then there are the people (Alec, Miles) who I really don't want in my classes this year, and because of the sort of non-traditional set of classes I'm taking (regular physics, 10th grade p.e., not foreign language) there's a very good chance the aformentioned people could be and could not be in my classes. I'm just very worried about the social aspect of my school life this year, and of course the old "falling into bad habits" thing. That definantly worries me.
:sigh: The one thing I have to look forward to is the new Franzie cd. It comes out in October and the single is set for release on Sept. 19. I have that to look forward to and possibly the new Killers cd sometime in the winter/early spring. Plus there's English this year. Amazingly enough I'm really looking forward to that. Ever since I decided that I want to be an English major I've been looking forward to whatever English holds for me this year. :nods: I have a couple of things to look forward to.
"This fire is out of control..."-This Fire, Franzie
Edit: Something I didn't mention when I orginally posted this entry was the fact that I won't be seeing Dr. Farber anymore. It's for the best, but still something like this makes one worry. How will he react? How will I do without seeing him? :sigh: It makes me worry. Thats probably the biggest worry, and something I have no control over. To a certain extent I have control over some of what is bogging me down, but this I can do nothing about. Big decisions make me worry. And to say the least, this is a big decision.

No comments: