6.11.05

Rilo Kiley

Alright, I would like to clarify something I said yesterday. When I said "Wonder why it is that no one questions there sexuality" what I mean is the following: Male pop singers sometimes have their sexuality questioned. Actors at times have their sexuality questioned. Musical theater guys have their sexuality questioned at times. So why is it that rock band guys rarely have their sexuality questioned? Mind you the comment was somewhat random given the context, but my mind works oddly so it made sense to me when I wrote it. I just want you to know that I'm not questioning anyone's sexuality. I love me some rock guys, so despite the eyeliner and dandy clothing, I heartly believe they are all hetero. Especially Ricky. Even if Jackie doesn't think so, cuz she's crazy. :nods:
So yeah, Rilo Kiley. Pretty spiff stuff they have in that there band. Portion For Foxes, tres spiff. In fact, of the three songs I downloaded (yay for Yahoo! Music Unlimited!!!) there isn't a one that I don't like. Which is pretty spiff. In fact very, very, tres, tres, :tries to say very in spanish twice: cool. I like me some Rilo Kiley.
Oh and Razorlight! The lead singer may look odd, but I like his voice, and the songs build in a nice rock song way. Somewhat predictable, but overall very nice. So there, now it's just 10 bands. Actually, no. I listened to the Von Bondies. They were okay. I've decided that I'm more of a rock-pop kind of person. Vaguely indie as I said yesterday. Also have some Raveonettes. I liked, but not sure I would by the cd. We'll see. Thats it. 4 bands down, 8 bands to go.
Thats it mes petites. I've got a semi-long week ahead. Two days of school, an audition and then GMU Honor Band stuff. Sure I miss a day of school, but I'm going to be in intense practice mode. My head will explode at the end of Friday. And again on Saturday. I'm so excited.

No comments: