30.12.05

Waiter Rant

There are journals that I check everyday. Most are band related, filling my bored head with some kind of glee that resembles hysteria at times, but some are a bit more serious. I'm not sure whether I've mentioned this journal before but Waiter Rant is one of the best blogs out there. The man who writes it is incredibly articulate and though at times I think he's a jerk for the way he talks about his customers, I'll always be incredibly polite to waiters and will probably tip them a lot more than I should (though that is helped by how horrible I am at arithmetic.) The following is an excert from the most recent entry at Waiter Rant. It really spoke to me, made feel a little better for being a teenager with no money. Made me feel a little better for all the bitching and moaning I do on an almost daily basis. So here it is:
But most of us aren'’t peace activists, soldiers, or revolutionaries. We'’re just well fed people trying to stumble through life the best we can. It'’s in the little struggles, like giving up your seat on the subway, writing a check to the Salvation Army instead of buying a gadget you don't need, or biting your tongue when a friend says something stupid, that we suffer for values everyday. Character is forged in the smallest of struggles. Then, when the big challenges come, we'’re ready. Or so I like to tell myself.

Thank you Mr. Waiter Rant. Your far more appreciated than you might think.

No comments: