15.1.06

Mind Ramblings (Sundays are Slower Every Week)

Sundays seem like really good days to let the time go by real slow and let ideas pass through like molasses and such substances. Sundays always bring to mind that song by the Zutons. "Not Much To Do." Slow song, mentions Sundays and rain. Good song actually. In any event Sundays are possibly one of the slower days of the week as I think I mentioned last Sunday. But this Sunday seems to be going by particuarly slow. I think this is due to the fact that I haven't done jack shit in the last 4 days. 3 days actually, though today is looking like it's going to join the club. I have done part of my history homework which I hope to finish in the next 3 hours along with some practicing. I also ripped a bunch of CDs I thought would be good to have. Otherwize I've done as close to jack shit as one can without being dead. :nods: Yes this Sunday is going by very slowly.
I tried listening to all of Fall Out Boy's latest CD. I didn't make it, which made me disappointed. I keep trying to listen to groups that don't fit the "mold", try to expand my horizons and all that crap. Sometimes it works but there are quite a few times when it doesn't. I feel slightly bad because I don't want to be a indie ilitist who only listens to unsigned bands and thinks everyone on the radio is a sell out. Mind you most of my favorite bands don't make it to the radio, or if they do they aren't played very often by any station I can listen to. Nonetheless I want to be more broad minded than I use to be and so the fact that I can't get all the way through a Fall Out Boy CD makes me rather sad. Until of course Sophs reminds me that it's okay not to like Fall Out Boy, just as long as I give them the old freshman try. You can't simply dismiss bands on pretense without even giving them a listen. Still. I'm a bit disappointed. I might try again later this week. We shall see.
While I was ripping CDs, Sophs and I listened to the XM radio. We were listening to the Top 20 station (which I think is actually channel 20, but that's beside point) when Hoobastank came on. The Reason. I'm not particuarly proud to admit this but I still remember the chorus and most of the inflections in the song. As I was singing along to the song I started thinking about the CDs I got around that time. A few good songs and the rest of the CD was usually a disappointment. I have a lot of CDs in my room sitting on nice little CD holder things that in hindsight I wish I didn't have. I rarely if ever listen to them and thinking about it, seems like a rather expensive waste of money. It seems to me that what with the mass whine that was coming out of the radio around 2002/2003, the fact that I was getting CDs that ended up being disappointing overall and an incredibly depressing outlook, I can kind of understand why I stopped trusting pop music. Or at least anything new coming out of the music industry. A nice final explanation for why I listened to nothing but the Beatles for a year and half. Maybe now I can stop feeling guilty about making fun of Hot Hot Heat and not paying attention to Franz Ferdinand.
Hmmm...not much else to say. Still glad I have the Zutons. I might not listen to them very often, but when I do I'm glad I have them. :smiles: I just remembered something. I go the Zutons and Interpol at Planet 9, which is where I heard the Kaiser Chiefs for the first time. :smiles: Liverpool and Leeds. I wonder who will come out the winner in the long run?

No comments: