7.1.06

Pic Spam

At Live Journal there is a tradition of sorts that involves something called a pic spam. People collect a bunch of pictures, put them under a "lj cut" and other people comment on the spam. The main places I've seen these are at communities devoted to one person or one band. Mostly I've seen them at the former, though every once in awhile you see them at the latter. Sadly, I'm what you would call a lurker. I don't post anything, I don't say anything, I don't comment on anything. I look at everything, right click-save what I like and nobody is bothered by me. I currently have about 16 pictures or Ricky, 9 pictures of Brandon, 6 pictures of Tom and an assortment of other pictures of other people. I thought y'all might be interested in seeing some of these. :shrugs: Hell why not?

Ricky wearing a "gumby" hat. Gumby is a character from Monty Python's Flying Circus (as well as the blue one. I'm not talking about the blue one.) He wore a hat like that and suspenders. He was a bit of an idiot. In fact the character was a complete and utter idiot. Ricky isn't. He just wearing a similar hat.

Monkey/Bat boy. Need I say more?

There are multiple pictures of Ricky doing silly things. Some are sillier than others. I like this one because he's eating his mic. There's no other way to put it, there's nothing else to be said. He's simply eating his mic. And you wonder why I think rock stars are crazy.

And then there's the dork in everyone. No, I don't think video games are cool. I think video games are incredibly dorky. And Ricky just looks so happy. Ya know for all their supposed coolness, I honestly think rock stars are very similar to the weirdos and oddities that you see in high school. Except now nobody thinks they're weird. They think they're the coolest things since sliced bread. Unless of course you see pictures like this. Then you remember where rock stars come from. :smiles: Kinda makes ya feel better doesn't it?

Peanut (to the left) plays keyboards/piano and doesn't talk. Ricky (to the right) drinks beer, pogos around the stage, sings, and in general looks rather dashing. When I saw this picture I thought of Schroeder and Lucy from Peanuts (the comic strip.) :smiles: Either that or it's Schroeder and Snoopy. Either one works really. :smiles:
Well that's it for my pic spam. These are some of my favorites because really, everything I save is my favorite. I don't just collect pictures for the heck of it. I do it only for the ones I like. I hope you enjoyed this episode of "Nore Goes Crazy a Wee Bit More."

No comments: