11.2.06

Reminiscent Snow

On a side note: It's been a year and 4 days since I started writing in this journal (blogger). I went and checked the archives of my livejournal and it's been over a year and half since I started writing in that journal (livejournal...obviously.) I'm fairly proud of myself for keeping this journal for such a long time. I usually make it to the year marker and not much beyond. Actually I don't usually make it to the year marker. I almost do, but never quite get there. So, yay for me. Kind of superfluous in a way but mildly interesting. There will be something much bigger for when it's been a year since I discovered the Killers. Like a picspam or some other nonsense like that. Anyhoo Happy 1 Year.

At the moment it is snowing. Mums has been talking about the Baltimore crafts fair and how Nana is coming down for it again. She doesn't think she'll go this time. She said yesterday it would be around the same time it was last year. A couple of things cross my mind as I hear all this and see the snow: 1) I've changed a lot and haven't changed at all in a year and 2) it's almost been a year. Most wouldn't consider discovering a band very momentous but I could be wrong. There are always points in a person's life that mean a lot to only them and I suppose discovering a band could be one of them. It is for me anyway.
I won't go into all the stuff that surrounds discovering the Killers. I'll save that for a later date (14 days in fact.) But I won't stop thinking about it. When I sign up for my classes this Thursday, I know I'll be thinking about it. Because in some strange way discovering my own music, my own generation (laughs), I've been able to change. Something like that anyway. Either that or I've just become more obsessive with people closer to my age.
I suggest listening to "London Calling." Tis an awsome CD.

No comments: