20.2.06

Silly Girl

:sighs: :thinks how often she sighs: :sighs again:
I'm a silly girl. Most people wouldn't believe that because I can be so stern and not silly, but I am a silly girl. I like looking pretty (though not for very long) and I dream about white wedding dresses and sunsets. I probably wouldn't put up with it for very long but I like to dream. I desperately (and I mean that in the actual definition of the word) want a boyfriend. I desperately want someone to care about me and think I'm pretty (or gorgeous if they feel so inclined.) Despite my tendancy to not put up with lovey-dovey bull crap and anything remotely girly (like skirts. I hate skirts) I would like, every once in awhile not all the time, to be fawned over like a princess. To know that someone out there is thinking about me in an at all romantic way would be nice. I like Cinderella and Snow White and Rapunzel and all those stories because they get their prince. I want a prince (goddamnit.) I want to go through a real break up (not the vague kind that I've been through.) I want a relationship that lasts for more than a month or two, a real relationship. Yes I'm a romantic who wants a prince charming. I'm a horribly silly girl.
Of course there's the other side to that coin. Although I want all the things I said in the above I don't want it all the time. I want a boyfriend, which I suppose would be a sort of all the time thing, but if he constantly fawned over me and treated me like a princess all the time I would probably ended up hitting him. Which would be most unfortunate because it's not nice to hit people. Anyway the point is I also want to be taken seriously. I want people to respect my brain and all the things that encompasses. I like watching Monty Python and Notting Hill. I like listening to Shangri-La and The Crown of Love. It's not a one or the other sort of thing. I need someone (would like someone) who will fawn over me when I want (or tell them to) and then listen to me ramble on and on and on...about Julian Barnes and HHGG. Not that I'm expecting a miracle of some sort. That would be silly. It would just be nice. Make the nearly perfect world just that more perfect. Plus, it would be nice to kiss someone every now and again. I like the idea of kissing. But that doesn't really matter. Just pretend I didn't mention that part.
"Any interesting way of life, deny yourself the benefits of being alive" --- Belle and Sebastian "Woman's Realm"

No comments: