15.3.06

The Week in Review

Knowing full well I should be doing my homework (I will do it...just not soon) I'm going to write about my week thus far. Not that it's been the most interesting thing in the whole wide world, but I will anyway. Beginning with Saturday.

Saturday
District festival went well. Per usual Mr. Fore upped the ante during La Gazza Ladra which meant that during certain sections I was bs-ing my way through it. I was particularly pleased with Army of the Nile. I though that went off really well. Concertino went well, but I was kind of expecting that. I found out the scores today and we got a 2 on performance and a 1 in sight reading. The sight reading piece was fairly easy but I suck at sight reading so it doesn't really matter. Mind you I don't suck so bad that straight quarter notes are hard but anything too, too complicated comes out kind of rotten. Overall I thought we did a good job given the pieces we were playing and all that.
The mall expedition went well. Angel and I were born to be shopping buddies while Jackie and Irais were not. Angel and I wanted to go into every single clothing store Tyson's has while Jackie and Irais really didn't. In the end though I got a pen and a new ring. The ring is very pretty. It's silver with three light green stones in the middle. I like it a lot. I also figured out what size ring I wear. 7, for all you crazy people who are going to buy rings for me for my birthday. Anyhoos that was Saturday in a nutshell. Onto Sunday!!

Sunday
Not much happened on Sunday actually. There was church. George Timberlake did the sermon, and given that he's incredibly old it seemed to me that he rambled through most of the sermon. Martin Smith was the person in charge of the whole thing and I continued to realize that as much as I love British accents, Mr. Sharp has made them seem fairly normally which ruins the whole effect. Damn you Mr. Sharp! Also the choir I'm in performed a song. That went off very well. The congregation seemed to enjoy it and we got lots of compliments from the older choir. Other than that though not much happened. Sundays are fairly boring that way.

Monday
Felt really tired. School was boring. I continued obsessing over a man 10 years older than me. Sadly I've started realizing that it isn't good. But I'm usually quick to remind myself that there are plenty of people just as obsessed as I am. In any event I was really tired most of the day and nothing pops up in my mind as memorable. So onward!

Tuesday
Lets see. Yesterday. Well we got assigned seats in math but I stayed were I was before so that didn't really affect me. Eric suggested another philosopher I should read during music theory. During physics I showed off my wealth of knowledge about Greek myths by explaining the Greek myth about the seasons. I fairly certain everyone in that class thinks I'm strange, if they didn't think that before. Again I was really tired so other than what I pointed out the day is kind of fuzzy in my mind. My clarinet lesson went well. Did I mention I was tired?

Wendsday
Today. Tired, itchy eyes. I'm starting to remember why I hate having allergies. Mr. Vagts approves of my idea for my internal assessment in history which is good. Christ. I'm trying to remember the events of today and I'm having a hard time. Mind you not a lot happened today. Mostly I was just trying to stay awake. Did a good job of it too. Read Sam's 95 theses. Quite funny. "42. Answer is be 42." My request. Because the answer is be 42.

So thats it. Starting to get a headache for some reason. I'm off.

No comments: