6.3.06

Worried About

I'm usually better about updating. Or at least in the past year I've tried to be better about updating. It isn't so much that things haven't happened, I just don't feel like updating. Which is something I should work on. Not feeling like doing things is always a bad sign with me. So I guess I'll try and force myself to update. Anyhoo I do have a story today. It's one of those sappy kinds of stories with no real ending. I'll get to the story now.
So I recently (last two weeks) told Loghman that I see a therapist. He took it in stride and hasn't been avoiding me like the plague or anything and since he's a really close friend I thought he might as well know, especially since he asked. So today he turns to me during lunch and says, "Your head thing has been worrying me." The reason he said "head thing" is because when I first told I started out by calling Dr. Farber a head shrinker. Loghman doesn't really know why I go to Farber's but he has some idea of why people go to therapists and such. Now why he knows this I won't get into, I'm polite like that. In any event he had certain ideas about why I go to a therapist and he just wanted to make sure the reason why I go isn't "pernicious" (his word, not mine.) He also wanted to make sure I lived for a long time. Like to be 100. Of course I told that yes I was fine (not entirely true but...what could I say?) and that I would live to be very old.
Odd thing is when I told Jackie why I go to see Farber she didn't really react. But Loghman has been worrying about this. Not exactly what I would expect out of him. He's a kind of hands off guy. Not really emotional/feely type. He reads non-fiction and listens to classical music. What really gets to me is the fact that there's someone else worrying about me besides my family. I fairly certain (though not entirely, empirically sure) that Jackie doesn't spend a lot if any time worrying about me. I've never had anyone outside my family actually worry about me. It's a nice, if highly unexpected, thing, to be worried about. I suppose I'll get use to it.

No comments: