17.4.06

The Verge

The Verge is a channel on XM radio. Sophs and I were listening to it while I waited for my bread to toast for my sandwich. A song came on and it intrigued my ears. The song: Everyone's a Winner. Wait for that to scroll by and we get the artist: The Meligrove Band. Intriguing. I eat my sandwich, take a nap, get on my computer. Yahoo! Music Engine being my mode of discovery I search for this Meligrove Band. Turns out they're called The Meligrove Band. Canadians to boot and have only released one CD to the US. They've recorded 3. The CD that Yahoo has is their latest "Planets Conspire." Yahoo's rating system is 0-4 stars. All of the songs on the CD get a 3 or a 4. Artist rating is a 3. I usually average in my brain the rating of the songs to figure out that rating as well as the album rating. So the album gets a 3. I do a little more searching and have figured the following out: The Meligrove Band is not terribly well known in the US and they haven't toured in the US from what I can tell. So :drum roll: I've discovered yet another super spiffy band. So HA. :smiles:
Oh and I got a 49 out 50 on my math test I took two weeks ago. Plus 4 extra credit points cuz I got the bonus. And I'm getting a B for the quarter. So HA.
Ms. Hammersla (who was my chorus teacher at Stu, which was before this journal's time) had a baby over spring break. A little girl who doesn't have a name yet. I say yay for Ms. Hammersla. And that's all the news that's fit to print.

No comments: