3.5.06

Music Secret

(Inspired by the posts at the livejournal community musicsecret)(please don't hate me or poke fun at me. I'm not half as idiotic as the people who's secrets get posted. At least I like more than one band {Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, The Acadamy Is...}.)

I dream about being with Ricky Wilson. Constantly. It's a bit obsessive actually.
The Killers made me realize how good popular music is, but now I only listen to them once every two months. I think it's because Brandon got married.
I don't like Joy Division. Or the Ramones. Or the Sex Pistols. Or Bloc Party. I know I'm "suppose" to, but I really I am not impressed.
I love the Beatles but I hate John and Paul. They were/are such egotists. They screwed George over and fucked up the band because all they could think about was themselves. I hate them so much for ruining that band.
The majority of what is played on mainstream radio in the States sucks. We may be the 800lb gorilla when it comes to politics, but this country's taste in music for the most part sucks. The UK has it so much better.
OK Go is 10x better than Fall Out Boy. The lyrics in any given OK Go song are 10x more sophsticated than in all of Fall Out Boy's song catalog. Besides, Pete Wentz is such a media whore that he overshadows any good qualities the band might have.
I honestly don't understand why Panic! At the Disco are so popular. I listened to one of their songs and they had a catchy hook and not much else. And the lead singer isn't at all good looking
James Blunt makes my ears bleed. Men should not be allowed to sing in a falsetto. It sucks and sounds horrible. So stop squeezing your balls and wearing tight pants to get those high notes. Freddy Mercury knew when to use and when not to use. I would suggest taking a lesson from his book.
I don't like U2 and I really wish Bono would stop trying to be the great Saviour of the world. In my opinion there's shit he can do until the politicians wake up. I'm fine with you having an opinion but it shouldn't overshadow you're music career. Same goes for Chris Martin.
Coldplay is really incredibly bland.
I absolutely adore Arctic Monkeys and Kaiser Chiefs. I never want them to become really super famous in the states because I don't want to compete with a bunch of teeny-bopper whores to get up close at concerts. Selfish, yes, but at least I'm being honest about it.
The Arctic Monkeys deserved to be in that top whatever list NME came out with at the beginning of the year. Their lyrics are absolutly amazing and unlike the Beatles, and very much like the Clash, there isn't one stinker on their album.
Alex Kapranos scares me. Nick McCarthey isn't good looking. Paul Thompson isn't good looking. Bob Hardy looks like a little kid. Franz Ferdinand should not be known for their band memebers' "good looks."
I really meant it when I said Alex Kapranos scares me. I see pictures of him and I swear sometimes I think he's going to come out the computer screen and attack me. I love his voice though.
I like the song "Helena" by My Chemical Romance. I really love the video for that song as well. I also like Natasha Bedingfield.
Did I mention the thing about really wanting to screw Ricky? :)

No comments: