18.5.06

Senior Recital and Commentary

I'm tired but there are some things I would like to comment on, and more importantly, Broken Boy Soldiers isn't done and I want to finish listening to it. Anyhoo, here are my comments
  • Yahoo! finally got Keane's new singles on their database so now I have "Is It Any Wonder?" and "Atlantic." I still absolutely love "Is It Any Wonder?" and "Atlantic" is pretty good as well. I'm looking forward to the rest of the new CD. Very excited in fact.
  • I've just discovered Sondre Lechre (and I can spell his name!) and I must say he ranks up there with Alex and Tom as one the best male vocalists I've heard. I'm also incredibly impressed with his writing skills which leads us to the next point...
  • I went to the senior recital for strings and chorus and William (who is in strings but does pit in marching band) performed a piece he composed over the last year and a half for the piano and oh my god! He was incredibly impressive. I've only heard really lame student composers and so when he said he had written the piece I was more than a little worried. But the piece was really quite amazing. Definantly better than anything I heard at Stu (please don't hurt me!).
  • Eric, my senior friend who plays cello (and the main reason I went to the recital tonight) was also very amazing. I just cannot get over how quickly he moved his fingers over the finger board. He was really, really, impressive.
  • I laugh at Panic! At The Disco for loosing their bassist. Hahahahahahaha, losers!
Anyway, that's it for tonight. Jack White is being super weird ("Blue Veins") and is definantly ripping Led Zepplin off. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. Anyhoo, 'night mates.

No comments: