3.8.06

Mood Swings and the Real World

There's no explaining it. Every time that time of the month comes along I become a little monster. It's gotten better (now a few days instead of a week ahead) but it still messes with me. I was talking to Sophs and she declared PMS "no excuse." I retorted that she couldn't judge until she'd had the mood swings I have during my period. I also ahve gotten more control over my lovely swings. I know they're going to happen and I know what helps them. The odd thing is, is that there's no way to explain why this particular of making me feel better works.
There are these funny commercials for Red Stripe beer. The slogan, basically, is "Hooray Beer!" said by a Jamican man. I like these commercials for two reasons: Red Stripe is mentioned by KC in What Did I Ever Give You? and the commercials, in my opinion are actually pretty funny. So now the point; Hooray British Music! But why British? This fact has been bothering me for the past few days. Why is it that I like British music so much better than American. We've discussed the fan aspect but in thinking about it a little more, it seems to me that good American music, though harder for me to find, is just as good as good British music. Granted, it is easier for me to find British music. There's NME and This is Fake DIY. The only source for good American rock under my belt is Filter, and that's populated mostly folk-pop. I also just don't trust them as much as I do the former. So I'm stuck with a problem: I like British music, no I know, save my family, knows anything about British music, and I don't know where to find American. I would like to find a few more American rock bands to like. Thus far I have two; OK Go and WAS. As compared to the plethera of Brits.
:sigh: I like music. Music makes me feel better. I'll just have to listen to the "Indie Bands" station on UK Launchcast.

No comments: