6.9.06

Oh Damn Me...

So, the second day went well. I like most of my teachers, though I'm worried about Ms. Croon. I just got this feeling that I'm not going to like the class. I'm sure I'll learn a lot (considering how I know nearly nothing about 20th century history) but I just feel like I'm going to be teaching myself. I don't want to have to do that my senior. In any event, all my other new classes (bio and music) went well. The new part of the school is really spiffy looking. The weird thing though, is that I kind of prefer the old parts of the school. The new part is just so shiny and new. Which is redundant, but it's so...sterile. The old part of the school has life, history. Sure, it's nice having doors and all that, but I dunno. I liked the curtains. I got use to them. Ah well, just have to get use to it. As for my IB music teacher, seems really nice, though different from Ms. Kirby (Holsten, Fuller). She has twin boys who just graduated from college, one of whom is working in the "music business." Yay for vagueness, but still intriguing. The class is about 80% bandies and 20% everyone else. In the chorus section there's only one alto. The rest are sopranos. Boo sopranos, hooray altos! What's neat though is that this one girl who I use to be friends, who's also in my history class, is in my IB music class and the reason this is all neat is because she knows who the Arctic Monkeys are. And she likes them, so all is good. Yeah, that's basically it. I'm listening to News and Tributes by the Futureheads. It's all good. Mr. Vagts' beard is a strap to keep is hair on and he has a posable Fidel Castro. I miss his class. But I have "sacred" reading time tomorrow for 45 minutes in Creative Writing so I have something to look forward to. And I am.

No comments: