5.2.07

This is the Sound of My Brain Exploding

No, I'm not particularly stressed out at the moment (just residually stressed constantly), but I've got an awful headache from reading tiny print without my reading glasses for about two hours. Yeah, that was a good move on my part. Anyway, I've figured out that an exploding brain kind of sounds like a fizzle or something like that. But yeah, my head definitely feels like it's a very bad mood.
So, for some reason I decided to check things online this morning and in the course of things I found out that Arctic Monkeys are releasing their new album in April. Needless to say the first thing I did was secretly congratulate them on being much faster than Kaiser Chiefs at recording their second album. I then noticed that the only dates given involved Mondays, which is not when albums are released in the States. So, that begs the question when will the album be released in the states? I then checked my handy-dandy guide to all releases and saw that they had the April 23rd release date and a nice little note next to the album title: "UK only; US release TBD." I love Arctic Monkeys for being so damn quick, but the least they could do is tell me when it's being released here. Oh well, Arctic Monkeys get continual brownie points for having written "A Certain Romance.
This afternoon, as usual, I checked my music websites for interesting news, or any news of any kind. At DIY I also check the features section because they usually have something of interest for me to read. That's when I discovered this. I just looked at the headline and thought, "This is incredibly cruel" and proceeded to copy the link and not actually look at the real article. I don't know if I will because I'd go mad (or more insane than I am at the moment) listening to 30 second snippets of the new album. Absolutely bonkers. But we shall see, it is horribly tempting.
In other KC news, Radio 1 is holding a cruel little contest for tickets to a gig I wouldn't be able to go to anyway. The band had this to say about the whole thing, which I found amusing. Also today in the UK the band released "Ruby" digitally, which means that me and my illegal copy will be friends for a little while longer.
As for me? I had Broadway Night rehearsal which was dull and cold and lasted far too long. Not much else happened today really. Jackie freaked about Loghman's confession, but otherwise the day was very uneventful. As most days are. I like them that way. But yes, in just a little more than two days I'll finally get to relax a bit. All the stupid IB stuff I've been stressing about will be over and I'll get to concentrate on being horribly stressed out about getting into Mary Washington. What bliss.
Edit: I listened to the previews and I suggest you listen to them, but I will say this: Rick doesn't sing on one of the tracks. I'm not sure who it is (my guess is Nick), but I know it isn't Rick. Teehee. Happiness is Ricky singing.

No comments: