19.2.07

What the F*** is 4-4-2?

I only know that it has something to do with soccer/football. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is this article on DiS which I found quite funny because it could be related to football (I assume) as well as the music scene. Yes, obviously the players are musicians, but read the descriptions and you'll see what I mean. I know the majority of the people on the list, even if I haven't listened to anything by them, so overall the descriptions seemed fairly accurate. I particularly thought Alex Turner's description was very apt. Mostly though, I just love when music people do this kind of shit. It's always so interesting what they have to say.
Speaking of people saying things, DIY (the lucky little shits) have "Yours Truly, Angry Mob" and so have decided to let us mere mortals in on the fun. This does not mean we get to listen to album, no we get to read a track by track description of it. I was so excited when I saw the headline "First Listen!" because I assumed I would actually get to listen. Sadly this was not the case, though the descriptions did leave a huge fucking grin on my face and a prayer in my heart that NME will do with YTAM what they did with "Empire" so I'll get to listen to it for a whole month before its release in the States. :crosses fingers:
I tend to not talk about politics, not because I don't care, but because I don't pay attention. That doesn't mean I don't care though. I only really care though when rock stars and Al Gore decide to do things like talk about their political opinions, or copy Bob Geldof, which ever applies. You see, British pop/rock stars have decided that their new pet cause is nuclear disarmament in the UK. Now I'll admit, the only reason I even paid attention to the article was because Kaiser Chiefs were in the headline, but that doesn't mean I didn't read it. I did. And the rock stars, or at least 53 British bands, want the people to say no to nuclear weapons. Which is a nice idea and I'm sure that the fact that so many popular bands are against this will make some small difference, but honestly? Doesn't matter. Russia, that wonderfully huge country at the top of the world, has nukes and so does the US. The UK may be small, but as The End of the World taught us only Australia wants to live on this Earth without nukes. At least that's the message I got. So yeah, nuclear disarmament ain't happening UKers.
Now for some cool reviews from DIY: Pigeon Detectives and Kaiser Chiefs. Because of these reviews I've decided two things: I'm going to start calling the Pigeon Detectives, t'Pigeons and that all good music (with some obvious exceptions) comes from Northern England and Scotland. :nods: Now go listen to t'Pigeons and t'Chiefs!

No comments: