19.5.07

And We're Going to Party Like It's 1999...

Since my room is mostly clean and I hate organizing shit, I've been taking a break for the past hour. I'm now going to prolong this break by writing up this journal entry. haHA! I can beat the system any day of the week. It just has to be the right system. Edit: I had to end my break before I could finish the post, so if the end seems disjointed, that's why. Now I have a clean and pretty room as well as a throne. Mwhahahaha.
By saying the following statement, Paul McCarteny is degrading his image by like a hundred million points: "Elvis [Presley, not Costello, obvs] influenced Sgt. Pepper [aka Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band one of the best albums ever written, ever]. Seriously, for anyone whose listened to Sgt. Pepper and anything from Elvis' catalogue, you'll know that Macca is lying through his teeth. Why he would decide to do this, I don't know, I didn't actually read the article. All I know is that Sgt. Pepper was not influenced by Elvis. Macca is high.
I hope that Hillary Clinton doesn't choose KT Tunstall. Please let the voting public that cares about her campaign song choose U2. You know why I hope this? Because if Hillary Clinton's campaign song is "Suddenly I See" I will never be able to listen to that song again. Never. So please, if you care about Hillary Clinton's campaign song and my sanity, vote for U2. I could give a shit about them.
Did you know Amy Winehouse was engaged? Because I didn't. Seems not only was she engaged, she is now married. So congrats to the new Mr & Mrs. Fielder-Civil. I hope your marriage is a long and happy one. And nothing like Brit and Kevin's.
Finally, before I make the final preparations for my superphantastisch belated-b-day party, I have absolutely even more superphantastisch than my party news: I'M GOING TO VIRGIN FESTIVAL!!! I'm so super excited about this. I'm just unbelievably thrilled. My first festival! Yay!!! Unfortunately I will not be able to go to the Siren Festival because my grandparents will not be in town so I will have nowhere to stay. I am sad, terribly sad, but at least I had a glimmer of hope for a little while. Unlike every single European festival this summer. But yeah, I'm still going to Virgin Festival because no one can stop me. Yay.
Huh. Now I'm off to make the final preparations for the party. I wonder what everybody got me...