20.5.07

Righteous Indignation at its Best

Why I Have a Love/Hate Relationship with the Love Story in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie:
Having read all five books in the trilogy, I know that the love story in the movie is false. It becomes fairly well established in the first three books that although Arthur and Trillion might have had something, they don't now and although they sire a child, they never will. In the fourth book we, the readers, are introduced to Fenchurch, who, it becomes quite obvious, is Arthur's soul mate. As a die-hard romantic, I can't help but be annoyed with the movie because Trillion is not Arthur's soul mate, Fenchurch is and saying otherwise is blasphemy. I have nothing against love, I just don't like obvious swipes at canon. Makes me very indignant. -_- That is all.

No comments: