2.5.07

Music News 102, pt. 2

And we're back, ready for round 2...
Oops. I guess that's what you get when you come to Virginia...food poisoning? I don't know. I feel bad that it's my state, but I'm surprised at the date since they played on the 28th. Maybe they had two VA dates, though that would be really, really, surprising. But yeah...oops.
Uh, just what we need, MCR and P!atD teaming up. I'm depressed not only about the fact that these two "we're not emo" but actually are emo bands are teaming up but also because they are doing it to record a tribute album to the Smashing Pumpkins. Now I have nothing against the Smashing Pumpkins (well not really), but honestly, do they really need a tribute album? I don't think so.
So now for a review. A review of an album that doesn't have a release date in the states. A review of an album produced by Alex Kapranos. A review of...Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever by the Cribs. Written by the guys at DiS. But not Dom Gourlay, which means it actually gets a fair shake. And yes, I do have a thing against Dom Gourlay. On the other had I totally have a thing for Noel Murray. Moving on...
Speaking of idiotic things, Luke "The Kooks" Pritchard sounds like an idiot when he bashes Lily Allen. That is all I have to say about that.
I'm actually going to a festival!! That's right bitches I'm going to Virgin Festival. I'm going to see the Fratellis and Amy Winehouse and...the Police. Oh and Modest Mouse, Peter Bjorn and John (they're suppose to be really good or something), and Fountains of Wayne. So yeah. I'm going to a festival!!! Huzzah and jubilation!!
Well that's it my loves. I'm all linked out. Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i actually think 'men's needs, women's needs, whatever,' is gonna be released sometime in july. i think it's july 17, but i'm not sure.